5. Check the supported carriers, in the UK at the moment these are O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Three and Vodafone, although that may change.
6. Select the amount of credit from your phone you wish to use, in this case I selected £10, but it didn’t work and I will explain why later.
7. Enter the mobile phone number.
8. Reply with a Y to the text you received.
9. You will receive a payment successful message.
The first time I tried this, I didn’t realise that the text you send back to Sony is actually charged at a standard rate, so if you received free texts from you top-up you will probably be okay, but in this instance my free credit from purchasing the phone did not give me any free text messages. So I was charged 10p for the text to Sony, and therefore there was not enough credit on my phone to complete the transaction, in which instance I received the following message:
So I had to drop down the amount of payment to transfer to £5, which worked fine. In any case I hope this is as useful as it is to others as it has been to me, and should help you purchase some more games that you’ve always wanted, or to renew your PlayStation Plus subscription when it expires.