Digital Extremes has launched the largest and most ambitious update yet for its free-to-play hit, Warframe. The Second Dream, now available on PlayStation 4 and coming soon to Xbox One, brings a higher fidelity of storytelling to the game in the form of a cinematic-driven quest ultimately answering the questions many players — better known as Tenno — have been asking for nearly three years, “What is a Warframe? Who are the Tenno?”
Released earlier on PC, The Second Dream update has been met with incredible fan reaction — bringing some to tears as the emotionally evoking cinematic quest uncovers long-awaited secrets. In addition to the cinematic quest in this update, Tenno can look forward to the addition of Ivara — a brand new Archer-themed Warframe — a new PvP map, Sortie Missions, tons of new gear, weapons, and more.
Primary highlights of The Second Dream update include:
FIRST CINEMATIC QUEST: The Sentient Hunhow has enlisted the Stalker to destroy the Tenno by exploiting a long forgotten secret. A secret that cuts to the heart of what it means to be a Tenno.
Devoted Warframe players will have the opportunity to begin this Quest right away while new players entering Warframe will need to hone their skills through several previous Quests before attempting The Second Dream.
NEW ARCHER WARFRAME: With her quiver of tactical arrows, this huntress prowls unseen and strikes without warning. Ivara’s abilities include:
- Quiver — Cycle through and shoot one of four tactical arrows:
- Cloak Arrow: Creates a defensive bubble cloaking allies and shielding them from attacks.
- Dashwire Arrow: Fires a zipline.
- Slumber Arrow: Induces a temporary slumber in target.
- Intrigue Arrow: Creates a noise at the point of impact to attract enemies.
- Navigator — Assume control of a projectile and guide it to its targets.
- Prowl — Become invisible, steal loot from unsuspecting enemies then go on the offensive with increased headshot damage.
- Artemis Bow — Summon a mighty bow and unleash a volley of devastating arrows.
NEW PvP MAP – OROKIN MOONBASE: Teshin’s Conclave expands across new grounds with weekly challenges available for his pupils in training. Vauban, Nekros, Mirage, Limbo, and Ivara join their peers in the Conclave. Battle for supremacy in the ruins of an Orokin Lunar outpost, and continue to master the Ways of Old.
NEW SORTIE SYSTEM: Sortie Missions are difficult endgame Missions for experienced Tenno that can be completed alone or with a group.
- Each Sortie Mission will have its own unique requirements or enemy modifiers, favoring Tenno that have a versatile Arsenal.
- Players can access Sortie Missions through the new Sortie Icon through the upper right hand corner of the World State Window in Navigation.
- Sortie Missions will change daily, and players must complete all three Missions to receive a reward from that Season’s pool.
- New Sortie Seasons will be introduced regularly with updated loot tables.
Head to the official website at www.warframe.com for additional details on this update and to sign up for an account to play for free. The Second Dream is available now on PC, PlayStation 4, and Steam — and is coming soon to Xbox One. Download it for free today.